The Supervisory Training Program (STP), is a 6-Unit, 140-hour curriculum developed, updated and field-tested by and for contractors. These units are designed to stand alone, and need not be taken in any particular order. Take a few units or take them all, depending on the skills you want to cultivate.
STP Unit 5: Productivity & Costs
· Improve Productivity and Manage Costs: How Estimates Are Compiled; Actual vs. Estimated Costs; Cost Control.
· Estimates, Planning & Scheduling: Compare Conceptual vs. Detailed Estimates; Estimating Techniques; Why & How Estimates Change.
· Minimize Costs: Cost Report Forms; Impact of Improper Reporting; Plan Labor Crews; Use Data to Influence Work and Minimize Cost; Obtain Compensation for Additional Costs.
· Quantify Lost Labor Productivity: Changes/External Events; Calculate Loss of Productivity Due to Overtime; The Learning Curve and Pricing a Contract; Environmental Factors; Temperature and Lost Labor Productivity; Disruption of Work Process
· Equipment Management: Compute Hourly Cost of Labor & Equipment; Calculate Non-Productive Cost; Production Capability of a Machine; Change Orders; Lowest Cost Method.
· Working With Project Partners: Effect of Project Partners' Actions; Techniques for Collaborative Work on Jobsite.
· Post-Project Evaluation: Evaluate Project When Complete; Share Applicable Information with Crews to Help Productivity.