Register Now! Registration Deadline is Monday, November 27th.
The complex nature of today's construction environment requires Project Managers to have a broad variety of skills and a thorough understanding of what drives project and company success. The Project Management Essentials program examines these critical skills, provides insight into the role of a Project Manager, and defines what it takes to be successful. Through eye-opening discussions and highly interactive exercises, participants learn practical ideas, simple strategies and ready-to-use knowledge to increase their performance and create impact for their company.
Who should attend:
Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents, and others who wants to reinforce their skills or prepare themselves for the role of a Project Manager.
Day 1: Controlling Project Finances
- Project Economics: Learn the basic financial structure of a construction project and the critical cost areas. Learn to identify sources of lost time and how to increase productivity and profitability.
- Project Tracking: Learn the tools for accurately tracking performance during a project, including how to calculate cost-to-complete, percent complete, and project profit.
- Cash Flow: Learn how money flows through the company and how critical cash flow is to the success of every project. Learn how which project management practices impact cash flow and how to minimize delays in payment.
Day 2: Keeping the Project Organized
- Change orders: Learn the process for managing change orders and recovering fair costs for changed work. Be able to recognize and price change order work appropriately
- Time & meeting management: This module provides participants with numerous, easy-to-use strategies and ideas for getting the most out of their time. Develop effective meeting management skills and get better, more consistent results.
- Project planning: Gain an understanding the three main phases of project planning and how to use the tools associated with each. Learn best practices and how to increase the effectiveness of your planning efforts.
- Documentation: Learn about the various forms of documentation used on a project and specific strategies on how to manage them effectively. Learn how to increase the quality of your project documentation and provide higher value to your customers.
Day 3: Managing Relationships
- Project Leadership: Learn the importance of good leader in the construction industry. Explore keys to leading effectively and how to address leadership challenges with employees and customers.
- Customer Service: Learn how to deliver high value customer service, what is important to customers, and how to exceed their expectations. Be able to differentiate yourself from the competition. Learn to recognize poor customer service and what to do about it.
- Negotiating Strategies: Learn how to reach more successful and productive outcomes when negotiating with others. Be able to recognize and defend against competitive negotiation strategies.