Registration deadline has been extended to March 22, 2018.
Leadership in the Field Series 2: Leadership & Communication
The Leadership in the Field classes provide an understanding of the management and leadership skills needed to be an effective field leader. Participants will learn through interactive exercises, discussions, and top quality instruction, and will pick up numerous practical ideas and tips that can be quickly applied for immediate impact.
Who should attend:
Construction field leaders including Foremen, General Foremen, and Superintendents. The program is perfect for field leaders who want to broaden their management abilities, and for experienced field leaders who want to learn strategies to take back and implement in their operations processes.
Introduction to Leadership in the Field
- Identify areas of inefficiency and focus on how to improve field performance.
- Participants build and analyze a project to learn the importance of planning, goal setting, motivation, and leadership.
- Learn how to manage obstacles that get in the way of a successful project.
- Learn how to develop and use effective short interval schedules.
- Learn how to manage daily tasks, prioritize critical issues, and follow-through to get results.
Project Cost Management
- Learn what drives project costs and how to control the risks associated with costs.
- Learn the importance of quality cost information and how to use it for more effective field management.
- Learn how to calculate cost-to-complete and how to understand project status with accuracy.