The Leadership in the Field classes provide an understanding of the management and leadership skills needed to be an effective field leader. Participants will learn through interactive exercises, discussions, and top quality instruction, and will pick up numerous practical ideas and tips that can be quickly applied for immediate impact.
Who should attend:
Construction field leaders including Foremen, General Foremen, and Superintendents. The program is perfect for field leaders who want to broaden their management abilities, and for experienced field leaders who want to learn strategies to take back and implement in their operations processes.
Introduction to Leadership in the Field
- Identify areas of inefficiency and focus on how to improve field performance.
- Participants build and analyze a project to learn the importance of planning, goal setting, motivation, and leadership.
- The importance of leadership in the construction environment.
- The components of sound leadership practices.
- Teamwork, planning & motivation.
- The four basic communication styles, how individuals of each style interact with others, and what motivates them.
- Your own communication strengths and weaknesses based on the DiSC Personal Profile System.
- 7 key motivators; how to align individual behavior with company objectives.
- How motivators are used, and how to apply them to construction projects.
- Identifying de-motivators and how to avoid them.